Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel

Since starting this blog I have been working out, and working on building strength back in my shoulder. This past weekend I was at my brothers softball tournament, when the tournament was over I decided to play catch, and take some BP just to test how far along I've come.

Playing catch: My short range is nearly back to 100%, I experienced NO pain, and my accuracy has finally come back. Long range: I was able to throw it farther than I've EVER been able to since injuring my shoulder, accuracy was off a lot, but that's to be expected.  I know I still have a ways to go, but just in this short amount of time I have seen huge progress.

Batting Practice: This is the first time I've took BP since my shoulder injury 7 years ago. When I started you could tell I was really rusty, as time went on I was feeling more comfortable, and by the end I was hitting like I never skipped a beat.

These may seem like small things, but this has removed any, and all doubts I have had about making a comeback in my softball career. I know it's going to take time, I will not only get back to the player I once was, but I will be an even better player than before.

God Bless

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." - Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment